I did my usual Tuesday 6-8pm shift at Feline Rescue today.
It really was not as horrible as I'm about to make it seem, but here's my list of complaints for the evening.
-Chloe couldn't volunteer tonight because she was too busy with end of the school year Senior things to do.
-The shelter wasn't really hot, but I was not dressed for warm weather and while working I got really warm and dizzy and kept losing vision everytime I went to wipe out a cat cage and then stand up again.
-I was playing with the cat that I like named Pearl, who has mood swings a lot. I was petting her in her cage and then she jerked her paw out at me, and I pulled my hand back really fast and punched myself in the jaw right where I used to have stitches under my lip. Not fun.
I did the usual cleaning the litter boxes, cages, and floors. I met some other volunteers, and like the rest they were very friendly and nice. Not many people stopped in the shelter while I was volunteering, except one family looking for their lost cat. The father of the family swore up and down that Pearl was their lost cat named "Tweety". The Mother and daughter were not convinced. After much debate between the family, they eventually left. The father said that he hoped he wouldn't be living with them much longer so he could come back and adopt the cat for himself.
I came home and asked my mom again her opinion of being a foster home for a litter of kittens, she didn't answer but told me to ask my father. He laughed at me and then said no.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

HI there. Dear Matthea. Thank you so much for embracing your service with aplomb and being responsible! BUmmer about the dizziness. Hydrate:) and take good care of yourself Miss Fenelon. Sorry about the self-punching. Uggh. Crazy story about that family. Maybe your Dad can be persuaded:)
ReplyDelete