I went back to Feline Rescue today, after skipping last Tuesday because of my injuries.
I worked with my friend Chloe again. We cleaned out the main room and all the front little rooms.
I started by cleaning out a cat named Pearl's cage, which turned out to be more difficult than it should've been because she kept attacking me every time I put my hand in the cage. She was just playing around and I really like Pearl, If I could, I would adopt her, but she doesn't get along with other cats, and I already have one at home.
There's another cat that I completely adore, and so does Chloe. His name is Wayne, he's fat, grey, and almost cross eyed. Wayne doesn't like anyone but I want to adopt him too.
I knew there would be some risk in volunteering at an animal shelter because I would want to take all the animals home with me. The ones I especially want to keep are all the ones that are fat, odd shapes, crazy, missing an ear, or just walk really funny.
The rest of the volunteers there are all really friendly. They all have a serious love for cats, but I haven't met any who love them a little too much, in a crazy way, which is what I almost expected when I started volunteering there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like your thoughtfulness about wanting to take cats home and rescue them and exploring what you imagined cat people might be like:) Well done.
ReplyDelete