Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Feline Rescue(4)

I mostly worked alone this evening...which is okay because I like working alone.
I scooped kitty poo, cleaned cages, and cleaned the most of the front rooms. My hands always feel real gross after using bleach, no matter how many times I wash my hands after.

There were what looked like train hoppers in one of the windows of the shelter for like half an hour. I wonder why they didn't just come inside to play with the cats?

Big, fat, grey, cross-eyed, pigeon-toed Wayne still hates everyone and I continue to love him SOOO much. I went to scoop the litter box next to the tube he was sleeping in right when I got there and he just walked away...it was so sad.
There's a very small new cat at the shelter named Squeak, which is the closest thing to a kitten in the place. I kept going back to her cage throughout my time there, and everytime I went to pet her she jumped onto my chest and was content letting me hold her. Again, I would adopt her if I could.

I talked to Michelle about possibly having someone come to our volunteer fair on Monday and she is e-mailing the volunteer coordinator for me tonight. She said she'll e-mail me back tomorrow.

annnnd my mom picked me up on her scooter, awesome.

2 comments: